Sunday, June 24, 2007

An Epiphany (of sorts)

Did you ever sit bolt upright and know what you're meant to do?
Or not meant to do in my case.
Like not work in a motherhuggin factory run by nazis who treat you like they scraped you off their shoe cos they've been there longer but you're smarter and better read than they'll ever be cos they are lobotimised drones with no art or love or passion in their souls and you were falling into the trap of complacancy?
No?
Just me then.
So I'm quitting my job but I don't have anything else lined up.
I'm young, smart (or geeky depending on who you ask) madly in love and going to Canada for two weeks to visit my lovely friends.
But I can't get the time off (one of many reasons I hate the lobotimised nazis) so I'm quitting.
I'm terrified.
It's fantastic.

2 comments:

Disagreeable Me said...

Feel a bit daft commenting on your blog, because I'll probably speak to you in person before you read this, but congrats on taking the big leap! I know you hate that place with a passion. Here's hoping you can find something better with a minimum of fuss.

Have you handed in your notice yet?

Bob said...

Yaaaay!!! I was the same in a previous job. Had to leave but wanted to line something up before I left. Took me about 6 months to find something else but should've kicked myself in the arse bout finding something. Since I already had a job I procrastinated about finding a new job. Not having a job should make you more determined to find a new job, I wish you luck on this.